Moya Financial is committed to protecting the personal information of credit union members, employees, and other individuals.
On our website, we only collect personal information required to improve the services we offer, to improve our site content and, with your permission, to contact you with information about our services. We will not share any personal information obtained on this website with any other organization without your express knowledge and consent.
Effective date: March 8, 2019
Moya Financial Credit Union Limited operates the Moya Financial website (herein referred to as “the website”).
This page informs you of Moya Financial’s policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use the website and the choices you have associated with that data collection.
- The website. The website is the Moya Financial website operated by Moya Financial Credit Union.
- Personal data. Personal data means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information either in Moya Financial’s possession or likely to come into its possession).
- Usage data. Usage data is data collected automatically and is either generated by using the website or by the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device) that may include an anonymous unique identifier.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Moya Financial collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve its service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While you are using the website, Moya Financial may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (personal data). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to,
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Street address, province, postal code, city
- Cookies and usage data
Moya Financial may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, or other information that may interest you. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications from Moya Financial by following the “unsubscribe” link or the instructions provided in any email Moya Financial sends you.
Moya Financial may collect information on how the website is accessed and used (usage data). This usage data may include information such as your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of the website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the amount of time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, or other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser by websites and are stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used, such as beacons, tags, and scripts, to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the website.
Examples of Cookies Moya Financial uses:
- Session cookies, to operate the website;
- Preference cookies, to remember your preferences and various settings; and
- Security cookies, for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
Moya Financial Credit Union uses the data it collects for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the website;
- To notify you about changes to the website;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the website when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather and analyze valuable information so that Moya Financial can improve the website;
- To monitor the use of the website;
- To detect, prevent, and address technical problems; and
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that Moya Financial offers that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction, where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to Moya Financial, please note that Moya Financial transfers the data, including personal data, to Canada and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Moya Financial Credit Union may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or government agency).
Moya Financial Credit Union may disclose your personal data in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Moya Financial Credit Union;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public; or
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to Moya Financial but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While Moya Financial strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee your data’s absolute security.
Moya Financial may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate the website service (“service providers”), provide the service on Moya Financial’s behalf, perform website-related services, or assist Moya Financial in analyzing how the website is used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on Moya Financial’s behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Moya Financial may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of the website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Moya Financial has no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.